TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Overview of Ezekiel Prophecies
- Babylon’s Siege and War on Israel
- Israeli Rulers Taken Captive
- Jerusalem’s Holy Sanctuary Destroyed
- The Land Will be Desolate
- Babylon Will Capture other Nations
- Southern forestlands (Negeb) will be destroyed by fire
- Ammonites Will Suffer From Babylonian War
- Ammonites Punishment
- Moab and Seir’s Punishment
- Edom’s Punishment
- Philistia’s Punishment
- Prophecy Against Tyre
- Prophecy Against Sidon
- Prophecy against Egypt & Cush
- Prophecy against Edom & Mt. Seir
- Israeli Exiles will Return & Restore Israel
- End Times Prophecies
- God Will Bring Back Israel, As Their Shepard & King
- God Will Bring Back Israel, And Be Their King
- God Will Be Their King After Their Return
- God Joins Judah and Ephraim as One Nation Forever
- God will restore Sodom, Samaria and Israel
- God’s Judgments
- End Time – God & Magog
Overview of Ezekiel Prophecies
Ezekiel was a prophet of the Old Testament that preached to the Hebrew people circa 600 – 570 b.c. He went to Babylon during the second deportation of the Israelites into captivity. Most of his messages where prior to the fall of Jerusalem in 586 b.c.
Ezekiel was a very dramatic and visually demonstrative preacher. Many of his messages included some form of visual prop or perspective to help the people understand a symbolic meaning for what he was trying to tell them.
Babylon‘s Siege and War on Israel
PROPHESIED: circa 593 b.c. (7 years before the attack on Jerusalem)
FULFILLED: circa 586 b.c.
God Tell Ezekiel to ‘Act’ out in a dramatic display to the people of Israel, to show them what was coming. The siege against Jerusalem by the Babylon army.
Ezekiel was to dramatically lay down in the street according to the number of days (representing years) the people of Israel where sinning against God- 390 days (years) for Israel, and 40 days (years) for Judah. While doing this daily routine he was to act out with props what the siege was going to be like for the people.
And make an attack on it, shutting it in, building strong places against it, and making high an earthwork against it; and put up tents against it, placing engines all round it for smashing down its walls. 4. Then, stretching yourself out on your left side, take the sin of the children of Israel on yourself: for as long as you are stretched out, so long will the sin of the children of Israel be on you.
5. For I have had the years of their sin measured for you by a number of days, even three hundred and ninety days: and you will take on yourself the sin of the children of Israel. 6. And when these days are ended, turning on your right side, you are to take on yourself the sin of the children of Judah: forty days, a day for a year, I have had it fixed for you – Ezekiel 4.2
PROPHESIED: circa 593 b.c.
FULFILLED: circa 586 until 537 b.c.
Aftermath of the Siege Against Jerusalem
God told his people Israel, that he is going to split them into 3rds and punish each of them in different ways:
- 1/3 will be killed by sword (in war)
- 1/3 will be killed by famine, plague and burned
- 1/3 will be scattered to the winds in exile and pursued by the sword (war)
You are to have a third part burned with fire inside the town, when the days of the attack are ended; and a third part you are to take and give blows with the sword round about it; and give a third part for the wind to take away, and let loose a sword after them. 3. And take from them a small number of hairs, folding them in your skirts.
4. And again take some of these and put them in the fire, burning them up in the fire; and say to all the children of Israel, 12. A third of you will come to death from disease, wasting away among you through need of food; a third will be put to the sword round about you; and a third I will send away to every wind, letting loose a sword after them. – Ezekiel 5.2-12
When I send on you the evil arrows of disease, causing destruction, which I will send to put an end to you; and, further, I will take away your necessary food. 17. And I will send on you need of food and evil beasts, and they will be a cause of loss to you; and disease and violent death will go through you; and I will send the sword on you: I the Lord have said it. – Ezekiel 5.16-17
Israel Will be Scattered
God Proclaims to the Israelite’s that they would be scattered throughout the surrounding countries.
I will scatter you among the nations and disperse you through the countries, and I will consume your uncleanness out of you. – Ezekiel 22.15
God Makes All Nations Oppose Jerusalem
God said that He would bring all the nations that Israel has committed adultery with against her (because she continually worshiping the gods of surrounding nations, which is adultery against the Lord). God said He would bring all of those nations together to destroy her (Jerusalem).
God also says that Jerusalem is unlike other whores because instead of being paid for fornication, “she pays her lovers for cheap sex.” Israel gave their treasures to have other nations come so they could worship other gods in their religious practices rather then share the practices the God of Israel originally gave to His people.
They give payment to all loose women: but you give rewards to your lovers, offering them payment so that they may come to you on every side for your cheap love. 34. And in your loose behaviour you are different from other women, for no one goes after you to make love to you: and because you give payment and no payment is given to you, in this you are different from them. – Ezekiel 16.33
For this cause I will get together all your lovers with whom you have taken your pleasure, and all those to whom you have given your love, with all those who were hated by you; I will even make them come together against you on every side, and I will have you uncovered before them so that they may see your shame.
39. I will give you into their hands, and your arched room will be overturned and your high places broken down; they will take your clothing off you and take away your fair jewels: and when they have done, you will be uncovered and shamed. 40. And they will get together a meeting against you, stoning you with stones and wounding you with their swords. – Ezekiel 16.37
False Prophets – Proclaiming No Judgment For Sins
PROPHESIED: circa 593 b.c.
FULFILLED: circa 586
God destroys the wall of false prophecy with His spiritual storm.
False prophets continually proclaimed, during Ezekiel’s time, that all was well, and that God was not going to allow his people to fail or Jerusalem to fall. This prophecy reveals God contention towards these false claims and the He is going to blow down their ‘false walls,’ that they are building up.
God said by rain, winds, storms, ice and hail the walls of the false prophets will be destroyed. The wall will be leveled to the ground to the point its foundations are showing.
Because, even because they have been guiding my people into error, saying, Peace; when there is no peace; and in the building of a division wall they put whitewash on it: Say to those who put whitewash on it,
There will be an overflowing shower; and you, O ice-drops, will come raining down; and it will be broken in two by the storm-wind. And when the wall has come down, will they not say to you, Where is the whitewash which you put on it? For this reason, the Lord has said: I will have it broken in two by a storm-wind in my passion; and there will be an overflowing shower in my wrath, and you, O ice-drops, will come raining angrily down.
So I will let the wall, which you were covering with whitewash, be broken down; I will have it levelled to the earth so that its base is uncovered: it will come down, and destruction will come on you with it; and it will be clear to you that I am the Lord. – Ezekiel 13.10-14
Mountain/ Valley Towns of Israel
PROPHESIED: circa 593 b.c.
FULFILLED: circa 586
God warns the people of the mountain and valley towns of Israel that He is going to bring war on them. He is going to destroy them with sword, destroy their alters, kill their families and destroy their houses.
That any of those whom survive will flee and be pursued by the sword (war), while others are to be captured and put in exile.
You mountains of Israel, give ear to the words of the Lord: this is what the Lord has said to the mountains and the hills, to the waterways and the valleys: See, I, even I, am sending on you a sword for the destruction of your high places. 4. And your altars (and images) …will be broken…
5. And I will put the dead bodies of the children of Israel in front of their images, sending your bones in all directions about your altars.
6. In all your living-places the towns will become broken walls, and the high places made waste; so that your altars may be broken down and made waste, and your images broken and ended, and so that your sun-images may be cut down and your works rubbed out. – Ezekiel 6.3
But still, I will keep a small band safe from the sword among the nations, when you are sent wandering among the countries. – Ezekiel 6.8
Israeli Rulers Taken Captive
Prophecy for the King
PROPHESIED: circa 593 b.c.
FULFILLED: circa 587-6
God warned His people and the rulers of Jerusalem, the king and princes, (and other elders of Israel) that they would all be taken away as captives.
God specifically tells the king that the Babylonians will cover his face so he will not be able to see where he is being taken. The armies of the king will flee and spread out to ‘every wind’ pursued by the sword (war).
You are to say to them, This is what the Lord has said: This word has to do with the ruler in Jerusalem and all the children of Israel in it.
11. Say, I am your sign: as I have done, so will it be done to them: they will go away as prisoners.
12. And the ruler who is among them will take his goods on his back in the dark and go out: he will make a hole in the wall through which to go out: he will have his face covered so that he may not be seen.
14 . And all his helpers round about him and all his armies I will send in flight to every wind; and I will let loose a sword after them. – Ezekiel 12.10
Wealth of the Land will be Stripped
And say to the people of the land, This is what the Lord has said about the people of Jerusalem and the land of Israel: They will take their food with care and their drink with wonder, so that all the wealth of their land may be taken from it because of the violent ways of the people living in it. – Ezekiel 12.19
God will make his prophecies of Babylon come true (in Ezekiel’s time)
Say to them then, This is what the Lord has said: Not one of my words will be put off any longer, but what I say I will do, says the Lord. – Ezekiel 12.28
God’s Punishment For King of Jerusalem
God told the King of Jerusalem he is about to be punished for going against His commands. God commanded the King of Israel to adhere to the King of Babylon’s rule, as he was Gods messenger.
- God told the King of Jerusalem that He is going to kill off the strongest men in his army.
- Egypt will not be able to combat the forces of Babylon.
- Due to the fact that he broke his treaty with Babylon by trying to rally other nations against them, he is going to be exiled as a prisoner to Babylon.
… Say to them, See, the king of Babylon came to Jerusalem and took its king and its rulers away with him to Babylon;
13. And he took one of the sons of the king and made an agreement with him; and he put him under an oath, and took away the great men of the land:
14. So that the kingdom might be made low with no power of lifting itself up, but might keep his agreement to be his servants. – Ezekiel 17.12
But he went against his authority in sending representatives to Egypt to get from them horses and a great army. Will he do well? will he be safe who does such things? if the agreement is broken will he be safe?
16. By my life, says the Lord, truly in the place of the king who made him king, whose oath he put on one side and let his agreement with him be broken, even in Babylon he will come to his death.
17. And Pharaoh with his strong army and great forces will be no help to him in the war, when they put up earthworks and make strong walls for the cutting off of lives: 18. For he put his oath on one side in letting the agreement be broken; and though he had given his hand to it, he did all these things; he will not get away safe. – Ezekiel 17.15
God will judge the King, and kill his army in the war
And so the Lord has said, By my life, truly, for my oath which he put on one side, and my agreement which has been broken, I will send punishment on his head.
20. My net will be stretched out over him, and he will be taken in my cords, and I will send him to Babylon, and there I will be his judge for the wrong which he has done against me.
21. All his best fighting-men will be put to the sword, and the rest will be sent away to every wind: and you will be certain that I the Lord have said it.
22. This is what the Lord has said: Further, I will take the highest top of the cedar and put it in the earth; cutting off from the highest of his young branches a soft one, I will have it planted on a high and great mountain;
23. It will be planted on the high mountain of Israel: it will put out branches and have fruit and be a fair cedar: under it all birds of every sort will make their living-place, resting in the shade of its branches.
24. And it will be clear to all the trees of the field that I the Lord have made low the high tree and made high the low tree, drying up the green tree and making the dry tree full of growth; I the Lord have said it and have done it. – Ezekiel 17.19
Jerusalem‘s Holy Sanctuary Destroyed
Prophesied: 593 b.c. [When the siege against Jerusalem began (Eze 24. 1-2)
Fulfilled: 586 b.c. [Eze 22.31 on the 12th month 5th day, Ezekiel was told the city of Jerusalem had fallen.]
God told Ezekiel to speak a prophecy against Jerusalem’s Holy Sanctuaries. He said that they would be attacked by the Babylonians, and that both the wicked and righteous will perish. At this time the most holy sanctuary, the temple of Jerusalem was destroyed.
“Son of man, set your face toward Jerusalem and preach against the sanctuaries. Prophesy against the land of Israel 3. and say to the land of Israel, Thus says the LORD: Behold, I am against you and will draw my sword from its sheath and will cut off from you both righteous and wicked. – Ezekiel 21:2
God will Desecrate His Sanctuary
God proclaims that He will allow His sanctuary to be desecrated, that the peoples sons and daughters will be taken from them. Whomever is left behind will be killed.
‘Say to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will profane my sanctuary, the pride of your power, the delight of your eyes, and the yearning of your soul, and your sons and your daughters whom you left behind shall fall by the sword. – Ezekiel 24:21
“As for you, son of man, surely on the day when I take from them their stronghold, their joy and glory, the delight of their eyes and their soul’s desire, and also their sons and daughters… – Ezekiel 24:25
The Land Will be Desolate
God then tell His people that Jerusalem will become a place of desolation for some time.
The land will become desolate. – Ezekiel 22.27-28
Babylonian Warpath & Conquer of Nations
God tell His people exactly whom the Babylonians will make war with and destroy, and which nations the will conquer.
Babylon Will War with Judah and Rabbah of the Amorites
“As for you, son of man, mark two ways for the sword of the king of Babylon to come. Both of them shall come from the same land. And make a signpost; make it at the head of the way to a city. 20. Mark a way for the sword to come to Rabbah of the Ammonites and to Judah, into Jerusalem the fortified. – Ezekiel 21:19-20
And you, O profane wicked one, prince of Israel, whose day has come, the time of your final punishment… – Ezekiel 21:25
“And you, son of man, prophesy, and say, Thus says the Lord GOD concerning the Ammonites and concerning their reproach; say, A sword, a sword is drawn for the slaughter. .. 31. And I will pour out my indignation upon you; I will blow upon you with the fire of my wrath, and I will deliver you into the hands of brutish men, skillful to destroy. – Ezekiel 21:28
Babylon Will Capture other Nations
Southern forest lands (Negeb) will be destroyed by fire
PROPHESIED: circa 593-0 b.c.
FULFILLED: circa 586 b.c.
God proclaims against the southern lands, in the land of Negeb, that a great fire will devour all the trees, and that it would be scorch from the north to the south. Today, this is an arid part of Palestine, but in Old Testament times it was a much richer forest land.
“Son of man, set your face toward the southland; preach against the south, and prophesy against the forest land in the Negeb. 47. Say to the forest of the Negeb, Hear the word of the LORD: Thus says the Lord GOD, Behold, I will kindle a fire in you, and it shall devour every green tree in you and every dry tree. The blazing flame shall not be quenched, and all faces from south to north shall be scorched by it… – Ezekiel 20:46
Ammonites Will Suffer From Babylonian War
PROPHESIED: Circa 590 b.c.
FULFILLED: Circa after 586 b.c.
“As for you, son of man, mark two ways for the sword of the king of Babylon to come. Both of them shall come from the same land. And make a signpost; make it at the head of the way to a city.
20. Mark a way for the sword to come to Rabbah of the Ammonites and to Judah, into Jerusalem the fortified.
28. “And you, son of man, prophesy, and say, Thus says the Lord GOD concerning the Ammonites and concerning their reproach; say, A sword, a sword is drawn for the slaughter. It is polished to consume and to flash like lightning – Ezekiel 21:19
God made some very specific details to the Ammonites about the punishment He was going to put them through.
- He said He is going to bring the people of the east (Babylon) to destroy the Ammonites,
- drive them out of their own country and make them perish.
- Babylon is going to use their fields for their own flocks,
- eat their fruit
- and drink their milk.
- Ammon’s city of Rabbah will become a pasture for their camels.
- Ammon will be remember no more among the nations.
Say to the Ammonites, Hear the word of the Lord GOD: Thus says the Lord GOD, Because you said, ‘Aha!’ over my sanctuary when it was profaned, and over the land of Israel when it was made desolate, and over the house of Judah when they went into exile,
4. therefore behold, I am handing you over to the people of the East for a possession, and they shall set their encampments among you and make their dwellings in your midst. They shall eat your fruit, and they shall drink your milk. – Ezekiel 25:3
I will make Rabbah a pasture for camels and Ammon a fold for flocks. Then you will know that I am the LORD…7. therefore, behold, I have stretched out my hand against you, and will hand you over as plunder to the nations. And I will cut you off from the peoples and will make you perish out of the countries; I will destroy you. Then you will know that I am the LORD. – Ezekiel 25:5
… I will give it along with the Ammonites to the people of the East as a possession, that the Ammonites may be remembered no more among the nations – Ezekiel 25:10
Moab and Seir’s Punishment
PROPHESIED: Circa 593-0 b.c.
FULFILLED: Circa after 586 b.c.
God literally says He is going to ‘open the side’ of these three cities on the frontier of Moab, their main cities, and give them to Babylon:
“Thus says the Lord GOD: Because Moab and Seir said, ‘Behold, the house of Judah is like all the other nations,’ 9. therefore I will lay open the flank of Moab from the cities, from its cities on its frontier, the glory of the country, Beth-jeshimoth, Baal-meon, and Kiriathaim. 10. I will give it along with the Ammonites to the people of the East as a possession… 11. and I will execute judgments upon Moab. Then they will know that I am the LORD. – Ezekiel 25:8
PROPHESIED: Circa 593-0 b.c.
FULFILLED: Circa after 586 b.c
God told the Edomites, He is going to destroy both man and beast (livestock) from their country. In Edom, from the city of Teman to Dedan, they will suffer from war.
This is what the Lord has said: Because Edom has taken his payment from the people of Judah, and has done great wrong in taking payment from them;
13. The Lord has said, My hand will be stretched out against Edom, cutting off from it man and beast: and I will make it waste, from Teman even as far as Dedan they will be put to the sword. 14. I will take payment from Edom because of my people Israel; and I will take Edom in hand in my wrath and in my passion: and they will have experience of my reward, says the Lord. – Ezekiel 25:12
PROPHESIED: Circa 593-0 b.c.
FULFILLED: Circa after 586 b.c
God told Philistia that He is going to destroy them by war. History reveals that the Babylonians destroyed a great part of their country.
This is what the Lord has said: Because the Philistines have taken payment, with the purpose of causing shame and destruction with unending hate; 16. The Lord has said, See, my hand will be stretched out against the Philistines, cutting off the Cherethites and sending destruction on the rest of the sea-land.
17. And I will take great payment from them with acts of wrath; and they will be certain that I am the Lord when I send my punishment on them. – Ezekiel 25:15
Prophecy Against Tyre
PROPHESIED: Circa 593-0 b.c.
FULFILLED: Circa 100 b.c.
Ezekiel referred to completion of this event long before it happened. God said He would send Nebuchadnezzar against the city (Ez 26:7)
Ezekiel spoke of the LORD’s promise:
- to destroy the city of Tyre
- many nations would come agianst her
- make it so she (Tyre) would never be rebuilt,
- her dust (land) will be scraped from her,
- she will be like the top of a rock
- her stones and timbers will be laid in the midst of the waters
- make her a good place for fishermen (Ez 26:4, 14).
- Ezekiel also pointed out that Tyre’s world-wide trade would cease with this event (Ez 27 and 28).
therefore thus saith the Lord Jehovah, Behold, I am against thee, O Tyre, and will cause many nations to come up against thee, as the sea causeth its waves to come up.
And they shall destroy the walls of Tyrus, and break down her towers: I will also scrape her dust from her…and they shall lay thy stones and thy timber and thy dust in the midst of the water…And I will make thee like the top of a rock: thou shalt be a place to spread nets upon; thou shalt be built no more: for I the LORD have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD – Ezekiel 26: 3-4, 12, 14
FULFILLMENT: Archaeological History
Nebuchadnezzar got very little for taking Tyre [Eze 29.17-18]
The Causeway build by Alexander the Great in circa 330 b.c. was the fulfillment of the stones timber and dust laid in her water. This is exactly what he did when he laid siege against it.
Finally, Tyre was destroyed by Rome in circa 100 a.d.
For information regarding all the controversy over the fulfillment of the prophecy of Tyre:
- see Prophecy – Tyre Controversy
Prophecy Against Sidon
PROPHESIED: Circa 593-0 b.c.
FULFILLED: Circa 351 b.c.
Sidon was another Phoenician city, roughly 20 mi south of Tyre. Ezekiel also prophesied of God’s judgment against Sidon (Ez 28:20–24). God promised
- blood in her streets and
- death by sword (Ez 28:23) meaning war.
Sidon incurred the wrath of the Persian King Artaxerxes III who burned the city becasue of their revolt agianst him in 351 b.c. It was later to be rebuilt until it fell with all of Phoenicia during the times of the Romans.
Prophecy against Egypt & Cush
PROPHESIED: circa 588 b.c. (Eze 29.1) | 571 b.c. (Eze 29.17)
FULFILLED: circa 578 – 538 (Cyrus returns all exiles to their land)
God told Pharaoh a few specific details to his demise:
- He will destroy him by bringing war from Babylon,
- and kill both the people and livestock.
- Egypt will become a desolation (unpopulated) from Migdol to Aswan all the way to Cush (prob. Ethiopia ) for 40 years.
- Egyptians will be scattered,
- God will bring the Egyptians back from captivity after 40 years and return them to upper Egypt first.
- From that point on Egypt will remain as a weak nation, it will never rule over another nation, nor a source of (military) confidence for Israel.
- God is going to give to Babylon the wealth of Egypt and use it as payment for his army because he received little from taking Tyre.
Say to them, These are the words of the Lord: See, I am against you, Pharaoh, king of Egypt,.. 8. For this cause the Lord has said: See, I am sending a sword on you, cutting off from you man and beast.
12. I will make the land of Egypt a waste among the countries which are made waste, and her towns will be unpeopled among the towns which have been made waste, for forty years: and I will send the Egyptians in flight among the nations and wandering through the countries. – Ezekiel 29:3
For this is what the Lord has said: At the end of forty years I will get the Egyptians together from the peoples where they have gone in flight: 14 I will let the fate of Egypt be changed, and will make them come back into the land of Pathros, into the land from which they came; and there they will be an unimportant kingdom.
15. It will be the lowest of the kingdoms, and never again will it be lifted up over the nations: I will make them small, so that they may not have rule over the nations. 16. And Egypt will no longer be the hope of the children of Israel, causing sin to come to mind when their eyes are turned to them: and they will be certain that I am the Lord. – Ezekiel 29:13
… I am giving the land of Egypt to Nebuchadrezzar, king of Babylon: he will take away her wealth, and take her goods by force and everything which is there; and this will be the payment for his army. 20. I have given him the land of Egypt as the reward for his hard work, because they were working for me, says the Lord. – Ezekiel 29:19
[Ezekiel 30. 1-8 most likely refers to end times prophecies, as they reference the ‘day of the Lord,’ then starting in v.9, it returns to ‘that day,’ referencing the reader back to the prophets days or ‘that day.’]
Þ see Ezekiel End Times Prophecies – Egypt]
Babylon will war with Egypt, the Nile will become dry, Egypt will never have another prince to rule over them.
This is what the Lord has said: I will put an end to great numbers of the people of Egypt by the hand of Nebuchadrezzar, king of Babylon.
11. He and the people with him, causing fear among the nations, will be sent for the destruction of the land; their swords will be let loose against Egypt and the land will be full of dead.
12. And I will make the Nile streams dry, and will give the land into the hands of evil men, causing the land and everything in it to be wasted by the hands of men from a strange country: I the Lord have said it.
13. This is what the Lord has said: In addition to this, I will give up the images to destruction and put an end to the false gods in Noph; never again will there be a ruler in the land of Egypt: and I will put a fear in the land of Egypt. – Ezekiel 30:10-13
Fire and war will go over Egypt, many will be taken prisoner
And I will make Pathros a waste, and put a fire in Zoan, and send my punishments on No.
15. I will let loose my wrath on Sin, the strong place of Egypt, cutting off the mass of the people of No.
16. And I will put a fire in Egypt; Syene will be twisting in pain, and No will be broken into, as by the onrush of waters.
17. The young men of On and Pi-beseth will be put to the sword: and these towns will be taken away prisoners.
18. And at Tehaphnehes the day will become dark, when the yoke of Egypt is broken there, and the pride of her power comes to an end: as for her, she will be covered with a cloud, and her daughters will be taken away prisoners.
19. And I will send my punishments on Egypt: and they will be certain that I am the Lord. – Ezekiel 30:14-19
Egypt’s power begins to fade, Pharaoh will cry before the king of Babylon
Now in the eleventh year, in the first month, on the seventh day of the month, the word of the Lord came to me, saying
21. Son of man, the arm of Pharaoh, king of Egypt, has been broken by me, and no band has been put round it to make it well, no band has been twisted round it to make it strong for gripping the sword.
22. For this cause the Lord has said: See, I am against Pharaoh, king of Egypt, and by me his strong arm will be broken; and I will make the sword go out of his hand.
23. And I will send the Egyptians in flight among the nations and wandering through the countries.
24. And I will make the arms of the king of Babylon strong, and will put my sword in his hand: but Pharaoh’s arms will be broken, and he will give cries of pain before him like the cries of a man wounded to death. – Ezekiel 30:20-24
Prophecy against Edom & Mt. Seir
PROPHESIED: 586-0 b.c.
God proclaims that He is going to destroy the people of Edom of the mountain of Seir, and that it will cease to be inhabited, a wasteland forever.
Son of man, let your face be turned to Mount Seir, and be a prophet against it, 3. … I will make you a waste and a cause for wonder. 4. I will make your towns unpeopled and you will be a waste; and you will be certain that I am the Lord. – Eze 35:2
And I will make Mount Seir a cause for wonder and a waste, cutting off from it all comings and goings. 9. I will make you waste for ever, and your towns will be unpeopled: and you will be certain that I am the Lord. – Eze 35:7
You will become a waste, O Mount Seir, and all Edom, even all of it… – Eze 35:15
Today these ancient mountain ranges of Paran, Horeb, etc., where it is believed the ancient mountain range of Mt.Seir is, are scarcely inhabited if at all in most places.
Babylon & Subjective Nations Wage War on Jerusalem
God continually proclaims to Jerusalem that He is going to judge them because they have worshiped other gods. All the nations of the gods they had been worshiping, they will be brought to them to be killed. All these nations will wage war with Jerusalem and take away their treasures, kill and burn them with fire.
The Babylonians and all the Chaldaeans, Pekod and Shoa and Koa, and all the Assyrians with them: young men to be desired, captains and rulers all of them, and chiefs, her neighbours, all of them on horseback. 24. And they will come against you from the north on horseback…
25. And my bitter feeling will be working against you, and they will take you in hand with passion; they will take away your nose and your ears, and the rest of you will be put to the sword: they will take your sons and daughters, and the rest of you will be burned up in the fire.
26. And they will take all your clothing off you and take away your ornaments. 27. So I will put an end to your evil ways and your loose behaviour which came from the land of Egypt: and your eyes will never be lifted up to them again, and you will have no more memory of Egypt. – Ezekiel 23:23 -27
Israeli Exiles will Return & Restore Israel
PROPHESIED: circa 593 b.c. [After prisoners had been taken v.11.25]
FULFILLED: circa 536-26 b.c.
God proclaims that He will bring back His exiled people from the corners of the nations. He will bring back every one of the prisoners that was taken by Babylon to Jerusalem.
Then say, This is what the Lord has said: I will get you together from the peoples, and make you come out of the countries where you have been sent in flight, and I will give you the land of Israel. 20. So that they may be guided by my rules and keep my orders and do them: and they will be to me a people, and I will be to them a God. – Ezekiel 11:17-20
And the wind, lifting me up, took me in the visions of God into Chaldaea, to those who had been taken away as prisoners. So the vision which I had seen went away from me. 25. Then I gave an account to those who had been taken prisoners of all the things which the Lord had made me see. – Ezekiel 11:24-25
God Told Moses He Would Scatter His people
Moreover, I swore to them in the wilderness that I would scatter them among the nations and disperse them through the countries, 24. because they had not obeyed my rules, but had rejected my statutes and profaned my Sabbaths, and their eyes were set on their fathers’ idols. – Ezekiel 20:23-24
Return of Israel
God will bring Israel back from the places He scattered them.
PROPHESIED: 591 b.c. (Ezekiel 20.1)
FULFILLED: circa 536-26 b.c.
God proclaims that He will bring back His people to land of Israel from everywhere they had been scattered.
I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, and with wrath poured out. 35. And I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will enter into judgment with you face to face. – Eze 20:34-35
I will purge out the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against me. I will bring them out of the land where they sojourn, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD. – Eze 20:38
As a pleasing aroma I will accept you, when I bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you have been scattered. And I will manifest my holiness among you in the sight of the nations. 42. And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I bring you into the land of Israel, the country that I swore to give to your fathers. – Ezekiel 20:41-42
Ezekiel Prophecies on End Times
Multiple Prophecies found throughout the book of Ezekiel are considered ‘Last Days’ or ‘End Times’ prophecies. This is due to the fact that these verses correlate to the same reference phrases consistent with key elements pertaining to the time right before Jesus returns to setup His kingdom on earth (therefore, the reference to the last of the earth in its current condition, i.e. a fallen world).
God Will Bring Back Israel, As Their Shepard & King
PROPHESIED: circa 586-0 b.c.
FULFILLED: began 1947 a.d., Not completely
God tells His people that He will bring them back both as a nation and as a people, and God Himself will be their leader and shepherd.
“For thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I, I myself will search for my sheep and will seek them out. 12. As a shepherd seeks out his flock when he is among his sheep that have been scattered, so will I seek out my sheep, and I will rescue them from all places where they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness.
13. And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries, and will bring them into their own land. And I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the ravines, and in all the inhabited places of the country.
14. I will feed them with good pasture, and on the mountain heights of Israel shall be their grazing land. There they shall lie down in good grazing land, and on rich pasture they shall feed on the mountains of Israel. – Ezekiel 34:11-14
I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I myself will make them lie down, declares the Lord GOD. 16. I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, and the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them in justice. – Ezekiel 34:15-16
God Will Be Their King After Their Return
They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols and their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions. But I will save them from all the backslidings in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them; and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. 24. “My servant David shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes. 25. They shall dwell in the land – Eze 37:23-25
God Joins Judah and Ephraim as One Nation Forever
PROPHESIED: circa 586-0 b.c.
FULFILLED: 1947 a.d.
God says to Israel they will be an undivided nation, and it will never again divide into two nations. God will then later become their king, and rule over their nation.
Say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I am about to take the stick of Joseph (that is in the hand of Ephraim) and the tribes of Israel associated with him. And I will join with it the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, that they may be one in my hand.
21. then say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from the nations among which they have gone, and will gather them from all around, and bring them to their own land. 22. And I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. And one king shall be king over them all, and they shall be no longer two nations, and no longer divided into two kingdoms. – Ezekiel 37:19-22
The prophecy that God would bring back the nation of Israel was fulfilled in 1947 when Israel officially became a nation again. Since their dispersal throughout the world by the Roman empire in circa 100 a.d. they had previously been two nation, Israel and Judah, due to previous political issues.
Now, as of 1947, they are a rejoined nation, again united as one people and one country.
God will restore Sodom, Samaria and Israel
God says He will restore Israel, Sodom and Samaria, and their fortunes restored.
God says He will make an eternal agreement with Israel.
And your sisters, Sodom and her daughters, will go back to their first condition, and Samaria and her daughters will go back to their first condition, and you and your daughters will go back to your first condition… 58. The reward of your evil designs and your disgusting ways has come on you, says the Lord.
59. For this is what the Lord has said: I will do to you as you have done, you who, putting the oath on one side, have let the agreement be broken. 60. But still I will keep in mind the agreement made with you in the days when you were young, and I will make with you an eternal agreement. – Ezekiel 16:55
Rescuing of His Flock
God reveals His plan to have a final judgment of His people when He returns and separate them according to their deeds.
“As for you, my flock, thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I judge between sheep and sheep, between rams and male goats. 18. Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture, that you must tread down with your feet the rest of your pasture; and to drink of clear water, that you must muddy the rest of the water with your feet? 19. And must my sheep eat what you have trodden with your feet, and drink what you have muddied with your feet?
20. “Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD to them: Behold, I, I myself will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. 21. Because you push with side and shoulder, and thrust at all the weak with your horns, till you have scattered them abroad, 22. I will rescue my flock; they shall no longer be a prey. And I will judge between sheep and sheep. – Ezekiel 34:17-22
Punishment to Nations Surrounding Israel, and Their Restoration
This prophecy is to the people living in the surrounding mountains and Valleys of Israel whom will experience God’s punishment for their disobedience. While God’s people in these places are suffering persecution and the punishment of His wrath, God is already telling them about His redemption and restoration plan.
God says He will restore them to the statue they previously had, and the places of waste will become fruitful again.
Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel, and say to the mountains and hills, to the ravines and valleys, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I have spoken in my jealous wrath, because you have suffered the reproach of the nations. 7. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: I swear that the nations that are all around you shall themselves suffer reproach.
8. “But you, O mountains of Israel, shall shoot forth your branches and yield your fruit to my people Israel, for they will soon come home. 9. For behold, I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be tilled and sown. 10. And I will multiply people on you, the whole house of Israel, all of it. The cities shall be inhabited and the waste places rebuilt.
11. And I will multiply on you man and beast, and they shall multiply and be fruitful. And I will cause you to be inhabited as in your former times, and will do more good to you than ever before. Then you will know that I am the LORD. 12. I will let people walk on you, even my people Israel. And they shall possess you, and you shall be their inheritance, and you shall no longer bereave them of children. – Ezekiel 36:6 -12
God will scatter Israel then later restore them and their productivity
God tells the Israelite’s they will dwell in the land He gave to their fathers. God gives His people a few detail as to what exactly their restoration will look like.
- He says He is going to make their agriculture fertile and prosperous,
- They will no longer have any hunger issues, as no famine will touch them,
- The land will go from being a wasteland to a land of prosperity, in such a mighty way, that it will be like the Garden of Eden.
- The cities once destroyed and ruined will be:
- inhabited (population),
- fortified (militant),
- and prosperous (economics)
I scattered them among the nations, and they were dispersed through the countries. In accordance with their ways and their deeds I judged them. 20. But when they came to the nations, wherever they came, they profaned my holy name, in that people said of them, ‘These are the people of the LORD, and yet they had to go out of his land.’ 24. I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land.
25. I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26. And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.
28. You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God. 29. And I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses. And I will summon the grain and make it abundant and lay no famine upon you. 30. I will make the fruit of the tree and the increase of the field abundant, that you may never again suffer the disgrace of famine among the nations. – Ezekiel 36:19
And the land that was desolate shall be tilled, instead of being the desolation that it was in the sight of all who passed by. 35. And they will say, ‘This land that was desolate has become like the garden of Eden, and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are now fortified and inhabited.’
36. Then the nations that are left all around you shall know that I am the LORD; I have rebuilt the ruined places and replanted that which was desolate. I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it. 37. “Thus says the Lord GOD: This also I will let the house of Israel ask me to do for them: to increase their people like a flock. – Ezekiel 36:34
Prophecy against Arab Nations – Egypt and Cush
PROPHESIED: 588 b.c (Eze 29.1; 30.20)
FULFILLED: Future [v. 1-8]
God proclaims to bring war against Egypt and Cush (probably Ethiopia). He will take away their wealth and fortresses. Everyone whom supports Ethiopia will be killed in war, and they will become unpopulated.
God specifically points to the Arab nations (v.5) and all those that support them in this prophecy, that they will judged by God in a great war.
For the day is near, the day of the Lord is near, a day of cloud; it will be the time of the nations.
4. And a sword will come on Egypt, and cruel pain will be in Ethiopia, when they are falling by the sword in Egypt; and they will take away her wealth and her bases will be broken down.
5. Ethiopia and Put and Lud and all the mixed people and Libya and the children of the land of the Cherethites will all be put to death with them by the sword.
6. This is what the Lord has said: The supporters of Egypt will have a fall, and the pride of her power will come down: from Migdol to Syene they will be put to the sword in it, says the Lord.
7. And she will be made waste among the countries which have been made waste, and her towns will be among the towns which are unpeopled. – Ezekiel 30:5-7
God will cause a fire to spread over Egypt
And they will be certain that I am the Lord, when I have put a fire in Egypt and all her helpers are broken. 9. In that day men will go out quickly to take the news, causing fear in untroubled Ethiopia; and bitter pain will come on them as in the day of Egypt; for see, it is coming. – Eze 30:8
[After verse 9-10, the time reference points back to the prophets time, and referencing the immediate judgment of Egypt during his time, by the Babylonians]
- see Prophetic Facts Ezekiel – Babylonians Judgment on Egypt
End Time – God & Magog
The bible goes into great detail about the nations of the north referencing the end time, for more information
- see End Times Prophecies Gog & Magog
Additional End Time Prophecies
Ezekiel and many other prophets combine their works to give s full picture of what the last days of our fallen world will look like.